If you’re getting ready to rip out the outdated carpet in your home and are looking for a sleek, cost-friendly alternative to great looking floors, look no further. Vinyl flooring is a great option for you to consider for your home. Here are four reasons why you should consider it.
1. Low Cost – Buying and installing vinyl flooring is cost-efficient in comparison to traditional tile or wood flooring. Vinyl is a high-quality green floor made of recycled material that will withstand the test of time. You won’t have to compromise your look to fit your budget with these floors.
2. Durable – Many of today’s vinyl flooring options are made up of many layers. The more layer you have, the more durable your floors are. These floors do not damage easily, which makes them an excellent option for all households!
3. Options – Choose a rustic look or a modern look but get the same sturdy flooring. Vinyl flooring comes in a large variety of patterns, colors, and even shapes. Add some style to your room by choosing a vinyl floor that makes a statement. Your three options in types of vinyl flooring are:
- Vinyl Sheets- These are great for large areas such as living rooms. Although these are typically the cheapest option for covering square footage, it is also the hardest kind to install. If you aren’t skilled at floor installation, it’s recommended to hire a professional to install vinyl sheets.
- Vinyl Tiles- If you’re looking for a DIY project, this is the perfect option for you. These tiles offer easy installation in any room. You can choose to glue them down for a more permanent floor or have a floating floor system designed to interlock, so laying them is a breeze.
- Vinyl Planks- This kind of vinyl flooring is by far the most elegant looking, but still takes the market by storm with its affordability. It matches the appearance of beautiful hardwood flooring, which is why they earn the name “luxury vinyl.” Like vinyl tiles, these also come with many installation options.
4. Easy to maintain – Unlike original hardwood flooring, vinyl flooring is easy to clean and simple to maintain. This style of the floor is not susceptible to staining from uncalled for messes. Vinyl’s smooth surface resists easy penetration by water, oil, chemicals, or grease. It can maintain it’s original beauty by simply dusting, mopping, and vacuuming. Each manufacturer has its own recommendation on what to use when cleaning, so when purchasing be sure to check out what’s approved.
If you are ready to pull the plug on your current floors, consider switching to vinyl. Go to your local flooring installation specialist to discuss options that would work best for your home.